Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/plugins/system/jcemediabox/jcemediabox.php on line 251

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/includes/application.php on line 536

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/cms_core_functions.php on line 12

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/cms_core_functions.php on line 16
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/cms_core_functions.php on line 31
xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" > Radioklub Kunovice OK2KYD - Award „1150 years since the arrival of St. Cyril and Methodius to Great Moravia” - Velehrad

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/responsive/responsive_mobile_top_bar.php on line 55

Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/responsive/responsive_mobile_top_bar.php on line 99

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /data/web/virtuals/6489/virtual/www/domains/award-cm.ok2kyd.cz/includes/application.php on line 536
Velehrad

 

1150 years since the arrival of St. Cyril and Methodius to Great Moravia

Velehrad

Velehrad is a municipality in the district of the (Zlín Region), 6 km northwest of the town of. In 2011 there were 1,329 residents and is home to one of the most important pilgrimage sites in the Czech Republic. In folk tradition is identified with the main center of Great Moravia, Veligrad.

The village is the oldest Cistercian abbey in Moravia, which belongs to the Jesuits in 1890 and is the fifth annual July cílemNárodní pilgrimage to Velehrad, held on the occasion of the feast of Saints Cyril and Methodius.

He currently works at Velehrad three Catholic orders: Jesuits in addition to the previously mentioned here has yet Congregation of the Sisters of St. Cyril and Methodius Slovak province congregations Sisters of the Divine Redeemer.

History

In folk tradition, the village still identified with the main center of Great Moravia. In sources 9 to 13 century, the seat of that name is nowhere mentioned. The oldest evidence for Velehrad name is up in the Olomouc Bishop Henry jack built in 1131, but no further identification.

In 1985, on the occasion of the National Velehrad pilgrimages despite obstruction from the authorities arrived, many more people than usual during the communist regime (the reason was round the 1100th anniversary of the death of St. Methodius and the fact that the Pope decided to give basilica the Golden Rose ). Unconsidered speech Klusák Minister of Culture, which marked the Cyril and Methodius in the first Communists consistently omitted when talking about them the epithet holy, and tried to give the whole journey "the right political dimension", resulted in the fact that it was the Minister booed from the stands and the event has grown one of the largest demonstrations of resistance against the communist regime for the entire period of normalization.

In 1990 he visited Velehrad Pope John Paul II.

In 1993 Velehrad National Youth Day was held, attended by about 8000 people from all over the Czech Republic.

Velehradský monastery

Velehradský monastery is the first Cistercian monastery founded in Moravia. It also includes the Basilica of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and St. Cyril and Methodius, winning the Golden Roses (1985), which is the most important pilgrimage basilica Czech Republic.

On the initiative of the Bishop of Olomouc Robert monastery was founded by Moravian margrave Vladislav Jindrich near the village Veligrad (today's Old Town Fort in Hungary), after which it was named.The monastery was completed in the 40th of the 13th century. Built in pozdnímrománském style, with the influence of early Gothic. At the present time belongs to the Jesuits.

In January 1421 the monastery burned Moravian Hussites, its restoration was only in the late 16th century (between was inhabited only the abbot's palace). During the Thirty Years' War, the monastery was devastated twice, first troops Transylvania (1623) for the second time the insurgents of Wallachia (1626). After these events, followed by another Baroque reconstruction (1629-1635). In 1681 the monastery was a devastating fire that resulted in an extensive rebuilding of the convent and subsequently (and especially) the church, which took place at the turn of the 17th and 18 century. In 1784 the monastery was under Joseph's reforms abolished. Since then, the church has a parish rectory while but it was set up in 1825.

In 1890, the monastery received the Jesuits, who, among other things established their teaching institutes.During their reign at the monastery were conducted two excavations (1903-1906 and 1936-1941), the main aim, however, was drying and dewatering the underground monastery. In the years 1935-1939 the Jesuits made ​​extensive repairs to the building. In 1950 the monastery was under Action Kpřepaden police, all his work was finished and the Jesuits were deported to concentration monasteries.

In 1990, the Jesuits returned to the monastery and the same year Velehrad visited Pope John Paul II. To commemorate this event, the courtyard in front of the basilica erected a large cross with his character.

Basilica of the

 

The newly founded monastery, the monastery was "The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary", which was consecrated by Bishop Robert at the start of construction (27 November 1228). Its current full name now is "Basilica of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and St. Cyril and Methodius").

Current form basilica gained during extensive reconstruction that followed in the 17th and 18 century after a fire in 1681. Spite of them, but she remained preserved Romanesque-Gothic character.During reconstruction in 14 separate branch chapel was demolished and the west front hallway (the length of the basilica has declined from 100 to 86 m) and was completely remodeled roof and towers of the basilica. The floor was raised to the level of the surrounding terrain (over the centuries there has been an increase in area of about 2 m) and were built under the crypt. After another fire in 1719 repairs were completed and delivered to the interior decoration, in which, among others, participated sculptor and plasterer Baldassare Fontana, Carl Johann Steinhauser sculptor and painter Ignaz Raab.

Rebuilding the church was completed the second October 1735 the second ordination ceremony. In 1927, the church gave Pope Pius XI. title of minor basilica. In June 1985, received a basilica by Pope John Paul II. Golden růži.itovat

Other sights

Statue of St. John NepomuckéhoSloup with a statue of Jesus Christ in 1703 by an unknown author is the road from Old Town to Velehrad at the junction of the Blue. Christ is carved in slightly smaller than life-size. His character hands tied, chained to a low pillar represents "men pain". Column with a statue of the Virgin Mary standing in the forecourt area (in front of the western gate of the monastery) created by request of Abbot Peter Silaveckého Velehrad konvrš Cistercian Bernard Giermek. Marian statue on a column with a Corinthian head abbot was consecrated August 5, 1681.

In 1715, the column was adapted for the massive sculpture as a thanks for happily ceased to plague. Original post with Immaculatou was built on the basis of tetrahedral ashlar masonry, which was adapted as a forward open grave cave lying figure of St.. Rosalia. Therefore, the sculpture called "Rozárka." On the upper ledge on the sides of the substrate base two figures of angels standing on the bottom ledge and three barrels, of which the greater Central carries a plastic form of the face of Christ with the inscription "Salvator mundi adiuva nose". The lowermost game consists balustrade with statues of the four corner patrons against swine - St.John of Nepomuk, Vol. Sebastian, Vol. And St. Roch. Bernard.

Column with a statue of St. John Nepomuk Highway 428 about 3.5 miles north of the village on the border of Blue cadastres Jankovic and Velehradu is a cultural monument - stone block of sandstone hrubozrného "King's Table", emblazoned with the legend, regarded as megalithic dolmen. About this rock exists already mentioned in a charter of King Ottokar I of 1228.

Preparatory prayer

God, you sent our ancestors saints Cyril and Methodius preached the Gospel to them Slavic language, grant that we also gladly accept your message, we follow it in their lives and their intercession, whether we are all connected in the unity of faith and love.